By Lena Katende, member of the Impact Mobilisation team and head of Hatfield Children’s Homes; mom of two, mother of many; God-seeker; recycler par excellence …
It’s never too late or too early to celebrate! I know Thanksgiving Day only comes around in November, but having just gone through a whirlwind January 2017, I think it’s appropriate to pause and document all that we’re thankful for.
I’ll start at The Storehouse. This community ministry functions in a space of giving, but will not be able to do so if it wasn’t for the following:
- Our STOREROOM at Hatfield Christian Church – it may not be huge, but it’s a home-base from which we operate.
- Seeing that it’s the month of love, we want to be the first to declare our love and appreciation for each and every one of our amazing VOLUNTEERS. These helpers give so much of their time and energy to serve in obscurity – sorting, folding, ironing, packing … Every parcel that goes out bears the fingerprints of one or more of our team of dedicated volunteers.
- Our COMMUNITY – we thank God for people who open their hearts to the needy, and then follow it up by opening their cupboards to give. Every item of clothing or essential household article donated to The Storehouse finds a home with someone in need. During the past year, 4 345 parcels were prepared and distributed.
- The network of PARTNER MINISTRIES who keep us connected to those in need. We pray that their biggest expectations will be exceeded in the coming year!
- The RECIPIENTS of our gifts – we appreciate their vulnerability, thus allowing us the privilege of being part of God stepping into their situations.
It might still be early days, but the list of things (and especially people) we’re thankful for is growing in leaps and bounds. Be inspired to start your own list and tackle the rest of 2017 with an attitude of gratitude.
To volunteer at The Storehouse, contact Isabell on 082 891 4934 or send an email to email@example.com
Share this Post